Friday, September 29, 2006

Random Musing

I was just reading the complete guide to Days of Our Lives online at work (fascinating stuff. In just over 20 minutes I read a pretty detailed description of everything that has happened on that show for the past 41 years. Some seriously fucked up shit has happened) on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_our_Lives

Which by the way is a freaking awesome website for trolling through to find out about crap like Days of Our Lives, and this thought occurred to me:

If you wrote a book about New and interesting ways to waste time at work usch as reading about Days of our Lives on the internet, could you then claim going to work as a tax deduction. I mean, it would be research.

I have previously applied this sort of logic to year 12 drama. One of my assessment tasks was a solo performance. I thought that if I titled my performance “Year 12 drama student making up his solo performance on the day”, and then did just that, I couldn’t get anything less than an A+, because, technically, my performance would have been flawless regardless of what I did. I thought I had found a loophole.

Unfortunately the assessors did not agree with my genius level logic and gave me a D. If I wasn’t so lazy I might have objected. But then again, if I wasn’t so lazy, I might have done some preparation and put in a half decent performance.

Alas, I suspect the ATO wouldn’t be quite ready for my logic either and I might be caught under Part IV A which is a catch all for everything that is a blatantly rip off of the tax system. Such as writing books about how to waste time at work.

I am not McDonald Carey, but these are the days of my life. Perhaps I should get one.

Cracker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home